Friday, June 20, 2014

Spiritual Growth

It is easy for humans to fool themselves into thinking they are improving spiritually.  All people, including Christians, cannot objectively know themselves.

But as Christians, we have the Holy Spirit to convict us for spiritual growth.  Almost every day I pray for this advising to become a better person.

As a result, I have learned about my selfishness, lack of unconditional love, desire for control, lust after power, etc.

While these shortcomings were difficult to face, I couldn't live in denial because Christ requires improvement.

With supernatural lessons and advising, I work on obtaining spiritual maturity.  This maturity will be evident by the fruit of the Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, kindness, faithfulness and self control.

All Christians should strive to be actual disciples of Jesus Christ.  With the Holy Spirit, supernatural help is only a prayer away.


No comments:

Post a Comment