Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Inner Peace This Holiday Season

Obtaining inner peace doesn't mean life is perfect. It means that you have the confidence, serenity and clarity to enjoy life and the ability to make beneficial decisions. This holiday my extended family is in a conflict and will not be getting together, so I will be spending Christmas with friends. Yes, I gave out advice when asked, but inner peace was not their goal. To stay calm for the holidays, accept loved ones as they are and realize that it's impossible to change people, only influence them. However, we can change ourselves, and when we obtain inner peace, everyone that we meet will feel better in our company. To keep calm, make inner relaxing a priority because this loving care is the best gift we can give ourselves and others.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment