Friday, July 9, 2010

Making Time To Live

Many years ago, my life used to be so busy that I didn't have time to eat three meals, get enough sleep or even bath regularly. I was pulled in so many directions that it seemed I just moved in a daze from one task to another with no time to think.

Then I discovered a wonderful time management exercise. Make a list over the course of a week on what you do every hour of every day. Now take these items and prioritize them with the important stuff at the top and the least important at the bottom.

What I learned about my life was that I spent about 30 hours every week doing things I did not need to do (like responding to other people's demands), so I cut this off the bottom of my list. Then I had time to relax, take care of myself and work on my personal growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment