Friday, November 6, 2015

Faith

When I was a child, I learned that faith is believing in something that I cannot prove is true.  Now as a Christian, I know that faith is based on evidence and absolute proof of its truth.

Because I have kept a prayer log, I know that 97% of my prayers are answered.  I'm still waiting on the 3% and 5% were, "no," but that still makes for a lot of, "yes."

This week two big answered prayers were for healing.  I went to visit my dad in the nursing home and found him crying and moaning in pain.

When I talked to his nurse, she said he couldn't have any more pain medicine and suggested prayer.  So I prayed for about an hour until the pain was gone.

Dad even said his strength had returned, got out of bed and went to supper.  The next day I fell down a slippery porch and landed on my right hand and foot.

I couldn't feel or move either one, so I gingerly sat up and prayed until the feeling came back, mobility returned and the pain was gone.  Every day I have evidence of my faith and know that my Heavenly Father loves me.


No comments:

Post a Comment