Friday, February 19, 2010

A Loving Family

Sometimes the people I have perceived as my enemies are really my family. The misinformation that I received in childhood was constantly being reinforced by these people, and I hated being around them.

Once I learned how to rid myself of these unbeneficial beliefs, I learned to accept and love not only myself but my family, as well. My family has not changed but because I have changed so much, our relationship has turned from barely tolerable to fantastic.

Despite having fantasized many times about changing my family, I discovered that it was not necessary. After gaining inner peace, I now have the self-confidence, clarity and wisdom to realize my limitations (as in I can not control others) and obtain the great experiences (by making good decisions) I had always longed to have with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment