Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolution

Not just at the beginning of the year, but every day I make a "New Year's" resolution to conscientiously choose my decisions. Of course, changes start internally and then we proceed with a plan, at least for a few months. Every year at the gym, I've noticed that January and February are the busiest months. Wanting to change isn't always enough, sometimes we have to understand the "whys" behind it. I exercise for fun, keep my immune system healthy and resolved my fear and anger around weight. However, I still don't want to be height/weight/proportional because I miss my Grandma. She died when I was eight and showed her love through great cooking. This unresolved loss became my food obsession. The experiences we had as children are huge influences in our lives today, whether we acknowledge them or not. Once we understand the "whys," we can utilize skills to change our thinking for conscientious decision making.

No comments:

Post a Comment